Southern California offers many great places for dirt biking enthusiasts to explore. Here are a few options for places to ride your dirt bike in Southern California:
1. Johnson Valley OHV Area: This large off-highway vehicle (OHV) area located in the Mojave Desert offers over 96,000 acres of open riding terrain, including hills, sand washes, and rock formations. The area also hosts the annual King of the Hammers event, which is a popular event for off-road enthusiasts.
2. Ocotillo Wells SVRA: This state vehicle recreation area offers over 85,000 acres of open riding terrain, including sand dunes, hills, and rocky terrain. The area also features several campgrounds, picnic areas, and a visitor center.
3. Stoddard Valley OHV Area: Located in the Mojave Desert, this OHV area offers over 53,000 acres of open riding terrain, including hills, washes, and play areas. The area also features several campgrounds and access to the nearby Mojave National Preserve.
4. Gorman OHV Park: Located in Los Padres National Forest, this OHV park offers a range of riding terrain, including hills, trails, and motocross tracks. The park is open year-round and offers day use and overnight camping options.
5. Glen Helen Raceway: This motorsports complex located in San Bernardino County offers a range of riding options, including a motocross track, a supercross track, and several miles of trails. The complex also hosts several events throughout the year, including amateur and professional races.
These are just a few examples of the many places to ride your dirt bike in Southern California. Remember to always ride safely, wear appropriate safety gear, and follow all rules and regulations for the area you are riding in.