Southern California offers some fantastic riding routes and destinations for motorcyclists looking to explore the area. Here are a few options for weekend motorcycle rides:
1. Angeles Crest Highway: This popular route takes you through the San Gabriel Mountains and features sweeping curves, scenic vistas, and challenging terrain. The highway runs for 66 miles and can be accessed from the city of La Cañada Flintridge.
2. Pacific Coast Highway: Also known as PCH, this iconic route follows the coast from Orange County up to Ventura County. The winding road offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and the coastline, as well as access to many beaches and coastal towns.
3. Joshua Tree National Park: Located in the Mojave Desert, Joshua Tree National Park offers a unique riding experience with its otherworldly rock formations, desert landscape, and clear blue skies. The park can be accessed from various points, including Palm Springs and Twentynine Palms.
4. Palomar Mountain: Located in San Diego County, Palomar Mountain features a challenging road with tight turns, steep drops, and scenic vistas. The 35-mile route offers plenty of twists and turns, as well as access to the Palomar Observatory.
5. Lake Arrowhead: This mountain resort town is located in the San Bernardino Mountains and offers a scenic ride through winding mountain roads. The town is known for its picturesque lake, hiking trails, and quaint shops and restaurants.
These are just a few of the many options for weekend motorcycle rides in Southern California. Remember to always ride safely and follow all traffic laws, and wear appropriate safety gear including a helmet, gloves, and protective clothing.